Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Skin Care - Night Time Routine


So before starting off this post, I thought it was only appropriate to add in an updated photo of me and my skin. This is just so that you guys can have a visual link between the routine and the outcome. So just before I briefly talk about my skin I would like to apologise for this weird hand/ arm placement. I was going for the whole look of 'my hands are modelling my face', trust me there was a lot more interesting ones on my camera.

Ok, so my skin... My main focus of face products for me is blackheads. They are just about visible on the photo above, around my nose area. It's not pretty, and I get grossed out when talking about blackheads in general. Apart from that, it seems that I have been blessed with a skin which does not have major break outs. I just tend to get little bumpy spots around the top of my forehead and chin. However, once a while I do get those random, bad spots that seem to (in my mind) take up about 85% of my face.


Skin care routines are definitely videos and blog posts I enjoy. Obviously everyone will have their own routine that works for them but it always gives me inspiration of what products are out there and which ones I should try out for myself. 

Here is my own skin care routine. This is what I do at the end of the day, mostly after I have had and shower and have nothing else planned but my bed. However, let me just put it out there I am not perfect. Therefore, sometimes not all steps are done within this routine due to me getting a little lazy!

Left - Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive 3 IN 1 Micellar Cleansing Water
Right - Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

On a daily basis I always start with one of my Micellar Cleansing Waters, even if it is one of my lazy days. This is because it is such an easy, and good way to quickly clean your skin. When applied with a cotton pad onto the skin it acts like a magnet, lifting away all the dirt. This is why I prefer it so much over make up wipes, there is no need for harsh rubbing.

The Nivea Micellar Water I use after days/ nights where I have been wearing make up. To me it just seems to take it off just that little bit more easily. Whereas when my face has been make up free I tend to reach for the Garnier one.

Clean & Clear blackhead clearing daily scrub

After removing all the dirt with the Micellar water I go in with a daily scrub. I have used many different ones but I always go back to this one. I love the tiny beads within the product, which even though they are not harsh they definiely make my face feel soft and clean afterwards. I apply the product onto my finger tips, not too much a little goes a long way, and exfoliate using a circular motion. With this product I tend to focus around my T-zone area. 

 Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Cleansing Milk

After washing the scrub with water, in circular motions, I massage the skin with the cleasing milk. What I like about this step is once taken off I can tell from the cotton pad how well I've cleaned my face. Cleansing milk can be used as a make up remover by its self, unlike in my routine. It will remove oil and dirt from your poers while leaving your skin feeling very nourlished.

 Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner

I always use the toner straight after the cleansing milk as this is actually what I use to remove the product. However, you can also remove it with just a cotton wool or water. After all the cleansing I have done to my skin it is important that I do not skip thi step as it helps my skin to restore its pH balance.

Clean & Clear blackhead cleanser

This is a cleanser that I use in a few different ways, depending on my skins needs. If I only have a few bad spots I will use a cotton bud to apply the product onto the spots. Whereas sometimes when my blackheads are being really bad I will use a cotton pad and apply the cleanser to my nose. For me this product seems to be doing a really good jobs on the spots. I tend to prefer it over the Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Treatment gel, which I've recently purchased. 


Left - Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Night Cream
Right - NUXE Masque Creme raiche De Beauté

Once all the cleansing is done I like to apply something that I will moisturise my skin. Yet again I have two products as it depends on what I am needing that night. Therefore, for me the Nivea is a very rich moisturiser, when left over night I can still feel the product in the morning. For me, in order to get the most out of it I apply it when I know I don't need to put make up on in the morning. Whereas for other times, if I need a little less I go for the NUXE as it is a lot more lighter. 
Nivea Hydro Care Lip Protection

For my last step I show my lips a little attention. This product is always on my bedside table. After finishing my skin care, I hop into bed and apply this on my lips. When it comes to lip balm I have always used Nivea products, since I can remember. I have also picked this type of packaging, 'stick', over pot of balms. This is because the application is so hassle-free!


So that is the end of my skin care routine. I hope it was interesting to read. For the comment section I would be happy to hear any new recommendations? I am always on a look out to try something new!




Thank you for reading!
AgaFashion
xoxoxo

12 comments:

  1. Great post, your skin looks great! I've heard good things about the Nivea micellar water been wanting to try it out for ages!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to try the micellar water; I've yet to try any! Looks awesome. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go! And thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. I wish we got Nivea skincare products in the US, I just have a cleanser and I really like it!

    makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger it was the only brand I've used! Was not even aware of the fact that it was unavailable in US.

      Delete
  4. Just repurchased a bottle of Garnier Micellar Water again today, love it too. :) I've been using Neutrogena cleansers lately, at first they made my skin really dry but now I really enjoy using them and they do help close up the pores! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love some Neutrogena products.. Once a while I go back to the 2 in 1 wash and mask.. But only use it for the mask purposes!

      Delete
  5. omg! Blackheads are the worse!! Does that face wash actually work? If so, I NEED it! haha

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely and gentle products here! I definitely need to try more Nivea stuff!

    A Little bit Unique // Instagram //
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Garnier Micellar water is also a must in my night time routine. I use it as my 1st cleanser and then do a 2nd cleanse with either an oil or a balm + muslin cloth. The Nivea lip balms are also a favourite of mine. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your post I'm going to try out the cleansing water xx
    http://londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete